Saturday, March 26, 2011

Wanna Hear Something Sweet?

Last week, I received this text from a friend.

Visited your sweet daddy today. Told him "It's alright" from Brandon Heath song. Praying you are sheltered in the wings of our father today.

I was so touched that my friend was thinking of my dad and went to visit his grave. I'm teary-eyed now just writing about it. She said God put it in her heart. This friend is going through not just a winter season right now, but a blizzard of heartbreak, injustice and loss. And still she thought of my dad and me.

Not a Random Act of Kindness. A God-nudged, thoughtful act of kindness.

I am grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Very kind, very sweet. I know Dad is up there just smiling and excited to give Mom the "tour" when she comes. Dad is probably the one interceeding to the Father, making Mom's end days so full of the joy of springtime and not pain--enjoying food, not sick. These are amazing blessings, and Mom knows it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry. What a sweet thing to do.

    ReplyDelete