Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Little Help

My sister Gayle and her daughter Lydia (and Lydia's dog) are visiting Mom this week. They are working on some organization and recording, but mostly on getting Mom ready for her cruise. I know Mom is enjoying her time with them and I am so glad to know they are getting her ready to go. Gayle is actually planning to come down every few weeks to help mom. Sweet sister.

Gayle and Lydia will also be helping me get ready to go, as they will be stopping by OK to pick up a copy of my birth certificate! I don't know how a person loses their birth certificate, but I have managed somehow. I found out this morning that I cannot get my passport renewed without my birth certificate AND that the company that handles mail requests for birth certificates cannot guarantee delivery by Thursday. I also found out that crying over the phone to strangers does not help. I didn't cry in the passport office, but I bet that wouldn't have helped either. Thank goodness for Gayle!

1 comment:

  1. It's quite an adventure...but you'll be so thankful to travel Alaska with your Mom and family. See this time and all the good times as pearls to form a wonderful necklace
    With all my love and thoughts
    Anne G (from Switzerland)

    ReplyDelete