Thursday, September 2, 2010

Family Lunch

Following Dad's Celebration of Life service, we had a family lunch in the church great room. Mom provided a delicious barbecue meal from a wonderful local place (Karis' new employer). Once again, kind friends set up, served, and cleaned up. It was a great time to enjoy each other before everyone headed back across the country.

All of the pictures I've been posting from last Tuesday were taken by our worship pastor. Many thanks to Ben for recording the day for us. And my sincere apologies to anyone with dial up.


















2 comments:

  1. As is always...charming, I guess, to me when your family is around, everyone looks alike. It is a special treat to see so many at once. It promotes an impression of strength, and I don't mean just in numbers, and protection. Your mom is surrounded. No matter her attitude at any given time, I imagine that surrounding holds her up more than she knows or can express. Your family is a strong testimony to God's presence in generations of people--bound by genetics AND faith. A kind of spiritual alchemy resulting in something greater than the sum of its parts. I love you and am proud of your role in your family and its strange magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen, Thanks so much for posting these pictures and the others. There are so many good ones! I love the one with you and Gabriel, Mom and John, Leah, Luke, Nate and Luke, etc, etc, etc
    Oh - and the one with Grandma and the three granddaughters. Gwen, your worth is far above rubies!

    ReplyDelete