Sunday, February 14, 2010

Reader's Digest Condensed Version

Wednesday morning I took the girls to school, and Nate and I went out to the educational therapy building we fondly call The Vistatorium. As I was visiting with Nate's educational therapist/my boss, I got a call from Dave. He had just heard from Dad that Mom had gone to the hospital in the night with abdominal pain.

What??? In the night? When? How? Abdominal pain? And Dad at home by himself? What???

When we arrived at the hospital, we discovered that Mom had arrived (by ambulance) in the ER around midnight with regular, severe pain below her sternum. Happily, she was fast-tracked, maybe because of fear of heart problems? A CAT scan revealed a blockage in Mom's small bowel. She was admitted to the hospital, NPO, and the blockage cleared up on its own. Yea!

Mom was released from the hospital Friday. She and Dad are so happy to be at home together again.

2 comments:

  1. Gwen, you are amazing, and I am so very grateful for your gentle, calm, faithful care to Mom and Dad in their times of need. I just want you to know how much you are appreciated. Praying for you--love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, sister.

    ReplyDelete