Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tape Recorder

A co-worker of mine has a super duper new recorder. It records digitally for 27 hours at a pop. It even has a built-in usb so you can plug it into your computer. Dave and I were looking at it and I wondered aloud if Mom would use something like that for doctor visits. Rich has long recommended that Mom record so she can listen again later when she has questions or can't remember exactly what was said.

Dave's reply: "I don't think she wants to remember."

Hmmm.

3 comments:

  1. The best thing is for you to go to the doctor's appointments with them. Do you need some pressure from other siblings to have the permission to do this? I am absolitely sure that you need to go along to be an extra set of ears!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom has been very clear that she wants to handle things herself. We have discussed the "extra set of ears" angle ad nauseum. She would rather be independent. I don't know that she gets the irony of saying how much she appreciates my pushing on the thyroid issue and then saying no thanks, we can handle the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But to answer your question, I think at this point if we want anything done differently, then yes we need sibling unity/pressure.

    ReplyDelete