Thursday, July 12, 2012

Insert Clever Title Here

Yesterday was good and hard and sweet and sad and dear. I will have much more to say about it, I'm sure.

Last night was scary. It rained six inches and the creek rose, but it all happened so quietly we almost missed it. I'm convinced God woke me at 4:00, just in time for us to rescue two dogs and two cars from rushing debris-filled brown water. Today is a mucky, soaked mess with many aggravations and lots of unknowns, but I'm so thankful for the happy, living doggies. The alternative is just too heartbreaking to consider for long.

That's all I have brain cells for right now. Thank you all for love and prayers and care.

3 comments:

  1. Gwen, if you still have it, get out the book Mom had called "Champagne for the Soul," by Mike Mason. Read the first couple chapters. In fact, read the whole book. It seems like God is putting you through too much right now. I'm asking for a reprieve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the book...will send it back!

    ReplyDelete