Thursday, January 26, 2012

Showers

Of rain!

This is still a really big deal to us here in Texas. God sent us three inches of rain yesterday and then stopped it at just the right time. This is the view from Mom's kitchen window. The first gray area is the driveway. The second gray area is the creek. It filled right to the top, then receded. No flooding of house or garage, just lots of wonderful water.

When Nate, Meg and I returned home from our day of educational therapy, work, school, and lake house, Nate wanted to make paper boats to put in the creek. Growing up, this was a favorite activity to do with Grandma at her house. Nate asked Mom about it and she exclaimed, "I was just thinking how I don't even want to make paper boats for the creek." Not so easily dissuaded, Nate brought in some papers, and gave it a try anyway. Soon Mom picked up a paper,

worked through the frustration, and voila! Paper boat success.

(My thanks to Meg for clandestinely snapping photos.)

More than just rain showers though, we've had showers of grace. Mom asked me the other night, "Honestly, how are the kids doing with the move?" I honestly answered that they were adjusting and handling it fine. Then I asked, "Honestly, how are you doing with the move?" Mom said, "I'm surprised at how well it is working out." I'll take that as a very good sign. And I realize that it is only by the grace of God showered all around.

2 comments:

  1. Smiled as I read... making paper boats for the creek was always a favorite for me and my brothers when we came to Grandma's house. :) Grateful to the Lord for showering grace along with the rain!
    -Will

    ReplyDelete