Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Remember those papers in school? I know this blog is focused on my life as a daughter to my aging parents, but I really want to talk for just a moment about all the fun things we got to do. Just skip this post if you don't want to indulge me. Or think of it as the caregiver's respite. :)

In CO we:

*Fished
*Resale/antique/tourist shopped
*Shot a variety of guns
*Attended the Harry Potter midnight premiere at our favorite little mountain movie house
*Wandered through local art/craft show
*Ate wonderful homemade dinners around the table with our friends
*(Note: Not all of us did all of these things, especially me. God's plan for the first two days of each of our CO stays was for me to lie in bed with altitude sickness.)
*Worshipped in our friends' little mountain church
*Zip lined in the backyard
*Walked/hiked/explored
*Rocky Mountain National Park
*Shared life with our friends
*Loaded up a trailer with family heirlooms that my cousins graciously shared from my Aunt Helen's estate

In MT we:

*Fly fished
*Resale/local store shopped
*Shot a variety of guns
*Wandered through the farmer's market
*Ate wonderful homemade dinners around the table with our friends
*Worshipped with our friends in their little chapel
*Swam at Lake Como
*Enjoyed local restaurants
*Shared life with our friends

In WY we:

*Spent the night in a cabin in Yellowstone National Park
*Saw bison and a bear, right by our truck. Right. By. Our. Truck.
*Saw Old Faithful erupt
*Saw mudpots and the beautiful blue of the pools
*Smelled the sulfuric acid
*Saw the changing mineral formations
*Saw the beautiful falls and the "grand canyon of yellowstone"
*Hiked to the lower falls
*Ate in the cafeteria

In Amarillo we:

*Hung out with our friends
*Shopped at our favorite Natural Grocer
*Resale shopped
*Played with their adorable, fun children
*Tried to think of baby names for their baby #3

And somewhere along the way, I read Atlas Shrugged and Lonesome Dove.

Good friends, good books, and a road trip with my family. What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment