Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rocky Mountain High

Oh my. Colorado is so cool. And so green. A place where temperatures stay out of the nineties and cold water falls from the sky. We stopped by Manitou Springs for Karis and Meg's graduation from Summit and then headed northwest to stay with friends. These are friends who have been opening their home to us for over 17 years, and their hearts for much longer than that. They somehow manage to treat us like royalty and make us feel right at home at the same time.

Mom seems to be ticking right along at home. It is hot there and the drought continues. Our friends who stopped by on Saturday said Mom was out happily watering the yard. And Mom said to them, "Dave must have alerted the whole church!" Little does she know! At least she's blaming Dave. Our friend who stopped by on Thursday said Mom invited her in and they visited for an hour! She even said they both got teary eyed. So dear.

I talked to Mom Friday and she was happy to hear my voice but didn't want to talk long. Karis and Dave both called today. Aren't cell phones wonderful inventions? If only Mom would learn to text. :)

1 comment:

  1. So happy that she is implicating Dave in this matter! I will never tell! Tried to call several days in a row and finally got a hold of mom--she said she saw I had called, but...then she called me later in the day to tell me Karis had called! She was so excited to hear from Karis! (misses her roomie, I suspect) Glad you are enjoying the cool Colorado weather and lush accommodations!!!!

    ReplyDelete