Thursday, November 11, 2010

Honoring Pops

Happy Veteran's Day!

It occurred to me to try our local charity resale shop on my hunt for all things (really, just something) patriotic. Stop Number Five. Ding ding ding! We have a winner. They had some arrangements already made up, but they looked sort of coffee-table-ish. They also had plenty of loose flowers, baskets, and even a little flag.

After I got things all arranged, I told Karis I might have a new career as a plastic flower arranger. She said probably not.

I called Mom to let her know we were going out to Dad's grave and asked if she wanted to come along. She said yes! We pulled Ev out of school at 1:00 and Karis gets out at noon on Thursdays anyway. Dave met us out at the cemetery. Ev wrote a note to Grandpa, Dave read scripture, and we all were grateful for our Pops. It was Mom's first visit to Dad's grave since his burial.



Thanks for your service to our country, Dad. You are our hero.

3 comments:

  1. Carriage Inn Senior Living on Longmire bought all the flags, I believe. They were stuck in the groung all along the property street side, and maybe up the sides, I didn't look.
    Where there's a will, there's a way. Glad you got it done. Happy Veteran's Day Mr. Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Special. Brings a tear)s) to my eye(s).
    Thanks, Gwen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very repsectful and honoring of our father, the veteran. Thanks, Gwen and Dave and kids. So glad you got mom to go, also! I posted the picture on FB.

    ReplyDelete