Friday, March 5, 2010

Tired Update

I called today to check on Mom and talked with Dad. He said she was gone to an appointment with Ves. So I called later and she sounded like she had a good visit. Evidently Ves told her that her beta blocker was useful in preventing intestinal blockage. She said she asked him again about cancer and he again assured her that cancer was very unlikely. Then she asked him if she should have her sister come visit...and he said he could not answer that question. Can't you just hear it?

Mom had not called the cardiologist, but said she would when we got off the phone. I wish I could help her with some of that. When I'm there and Mom is in a cooperative mood, she seems relieved to let me make the calls. But of course, I'm not there (honoring her wishes) and she's not very often in a cooperative mood.

It seems to me that Mom is getting worn down. And worried.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your mother's (and father's) health this morning. I hope she will get that visit with her sister.

    ReplyDelete