Thursday, March 25, 2010

Foreboding Confirmed

I got a call today from Cousin M, Aunt Helen's daughter. M was concerned about Mom's invitation to have Helen come for three weeks. She let me know how Aunt Helen's health has deteriorated over the past year to the point that she has full-time caregivers. M did not feel that they could put Aunt Helen on a plane by herself and she was concerned about Mom providing the care needed during her stay. I told her about my concerns as well. (She was not aware of Mom and Dad's struggles, but had thought Mom didn't sound good on the phone.)

The thing is, we both really want to get Mom and Aunt Helen together. M even suggested she could fly down with Aunt Helen for a week and care for her so that she and Mom could have a visit. I wondered if we could coordinate Helen's visit with a sibling visit, maybe Gayle?

Cousin M is planning to call Mom and share the hard facts of Aunt Helen's health. I'm hoping we can work something out to reunite the sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment