Saturday, December 12, 2009

Strange Days Indeed

Mom sent my family a letter this week, explaining her approach to Thanksgiving and the rest of life. Dave and I opted not to read it to our children. I sent a copy to Gayle, since she had a hand in it. I can send copies to interested siblings, but am not quite sure about posting it on the internet.

Also this week, Mom asked if I could pick up some cookies and take them to the church for her. In typical Mom style, this was only allowable if I was going to be at HEB anyway and could just stop by. So right there on the phone, I planned a trip to the grocery store on the day she wanted me to come.

Nate was having a make-up session with his educational therapist, the girls were at school, and I didn't have a student til later in the day, so I was by myself on Thursday morning. Mom was in the shower and Dad came to the door in his fleece robe and jammies. He is so cute! I gave him the Christmas card he had clandestinely asked me to purchase for Mom and... he invited us over for Christmas dinner. And gave me a check to buy gifts for the children. While Mom was in the shower. Yikes!

Mom did emerge from the shower and it turns out Dad had told her about his plans the day before. I'm not sure if 6 extra people in addition to the 8 extra they are already having for Christmas is such a great idea for them, but I'm not going to say no!

No comments:

Post a Comment