Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sparkle

At some point this fall, I realized that every article of clothing I've purchased since Mom's passing has had one common characteristic.

Sparkle.

I didn't do it on purpose, but everything has a little bit of bling. Normally, I'm not a blingy girl. Usually, I gravitate toward fall colors and solids with nice textures. (So much so that I did not know you cannot make it through airport security with sparkles on your shirt. Who knew?)

I guess somewhere in my sub-conscious, I had a need to shine. And after all, I think a little sparkle is a nice antidote to the last year.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason this really tapped my funny bone. I'm not a sparkly girl, either, but I could see it adding a touch of some-some at the right moment. lol

    My MIL was a serious sparkle-mama. I told my husband that our kids were far more freaked out by the beautiful, but boring periwinkle suit she wore for her funeral than her actual funeral. It just didn't look like her at all. :/

    ReplyDelete