Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Where in the World is Aunt Helen?

Not in Texas. Mom has not heard from Barbie or Marsha and is assuming that they don't want to send Helen now because she is so happy with her caregiver. I asked Mom if she was going to call B or M and she said, "I don't bother them much and they don't bother me."

Gayle has heard from Marsha and it seems they had daughter's remorse about sending H off on her own recognizance. Plus she had an episode with elevated blood pressure. I do think it odd that they do not contact Mom, but they might be avoiding her after that last guilt-laden phone conversation.

3 comments:

  1. Marsha called me (told me she thought she was calling Gwen, so I was supposed to give you the message--I am sure I told mom!!!) Marsha is waiting until she can fly with her mother, as she believes she is too frail to leave alone, even at her sister's home, without someone to watch over her health. The blood pressure spike was a wake-up sign that Aunt Helen should not be sent alone to Texas. Hope this clears some things up. Marsha has just sold her home, is moving to Olathe, KS, and also dealing with lawyers, etc, concerning her sons bankruptcy. Also, her husband is dying of cancer--so she has more than anyone could imagine going on right now. I know she is hoping to come the end of May, first of June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you think you told Mom all that? Either she doesn't recall or she isn't forthcoming when I ask.

    I was not confused about Marsha and Helen. Excellent recap though. What I don't get is why Marsha or Barbie do not call Mom directly. Or maybe they did and Mom doesn't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are overwhelmed, and Marsha said she was going to call Mom, but maybe she didn't--Marsha was quite emtional about having sold her beautiful home, with a mountain view, where she has lived for 23 years, and moving to a "tenament" home in Olathe, where she sees the next door neighbor's home out of her kitchen window...

    ReplyDelete