Sunday, April 4, 2010

Everything's Fine

This morning I called the house to check on Dad. Mom answered and said they were doing fine, but they would not be going to church or our house for dinner. So here's what "fine" consists of today:

*Dad could not get into bed last night, so Mom put a pallet on the floor for him.

*Mom called a neighbor this morning to get Dad up.

*Dad's knee is still very painful, but Mom says he can get around.

When I asked if the knee was swollen, Mom replied, "Dad says it is a little."

When I asked how Dad twisted his knee, Mom replied, "Oh, that was so long ago." I said, "I thought it happened yesterday." Mom said, "It did." Then she told me something about Dad putting away his socks and underwear in the bottom drawer and not being able to get back up.

Either Mom is: a) unsure of what actually happened, b) forgetting what happened, or c) withholding information. Anybody get more specific information? Ves told me today that if it is still painful tomorrow, Dad needs to come in. I'll call tomorrow and see.

2 comments:

  1. I spoke quite a while with Mom Sunday afternoon. She said that Dad was trying to put away some clothes, and he was down on his hands and knees, and twisted it trying to get up. Mom said it was her fault because she should have moved the clothes to a drawer that was easily accesible, and she has already done that so this won't happen again. I also spoke with Dad and they both "sounded" very chipper. She was sorry about missing the dinner. I asked why they couldn't get in the car, but got a vague answer. Mom also said that if she gets worn out she will have one of your girls come over and help her, while Aunt Helen is visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she thinking the girls could come over after school? In the evening? I haven't heard of this plan.

    ReplyDelete