Sunday, August 19, 2012

Brand New Day

The comedy of errors that is our life continues.

On the bright side, I was for the first time thankful that our carpets are still not tacked down and cleaned. But the reason I'm thankful is that the front bath continues to leak into the adjacent hall closet, so it's convenient to be able to just pull the carpet back up and set up the fans.

The dishwasher started making strange popping and growling noises, so we discontinued use and are waiting on a repairman.

Saturday while I was helping with a women's mentoring program, Nate was helping friends load up to move, and Meg was helping with some sort of movie shoot involving downs syndrome children, Dave texted me to ask who our electric company was in town. Evidently, some workers cutting down a tree in a neighboring back yard miscalculated and accidentally yanked out all our power lines to the house. Live wires in the back yard, anyone? Thankfully, no dogs or people were harmed. Power was patched up and will be fixed more permanently this week.

And just last night, Meg observed that water was dripping from the ceiling of the same afflicted closet.

Oh, and the washer ate Karis' dress.

And Ev said goodbye to her best friend today.

That's all I can remember right off hand.

A friend sent me a link to this music video, which captures things well, I think. (Thanks, Maria!)

1 comment: